Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) is a good way to invest in gold. Get an assured 2.5% per annum interest.
Issue Start at 09-Sep-2019 to 13-Sep-2019.
- August 05 to August 09, 2019. These bonds will be issued on August 14, 2019.
- ₹3,449 per gram of gold on online purchase and ₹3,499 per gram of gold on offline purchase.
- 8 years with exit option from 5 th year to be exercised on interest payment dates. These bonds will be eligible for trading from the date as notified by the RBI.
Subscription Limits for Trusts and Other Institutions
- Minimum 1 gram of gold, maximum 20 kg of gold per institution in a fiscal year (April – March). Available in units of 1 gram of gold and multiples thereof.
- Interest on Gold Bonds shall be taxable as per the provision of Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961). The capital gains tax arising on redemption of SGB to an individual has been exempted. The indexation benefits will be provided to long term capital gains arising to any person on transfer of bond.
Subscription Limits for Individuals
- Minimum 1 gram of gold, maximum 4 kg of gold per person in a fiscal year (April – March). Available in units of 1 gram of gold & multiples thereof.